BUYING A HOME
Important Considerations When Buying a Home
It`s true that buying a home is one of the biggest financial purchases that you will make. A house may look great from the outside and freshly painted and clean on the inside but, are its systems and components performing properly.
A Buyer’s Home Inspection Guide:
1st.In Place Home Inspections Inc. is one of the preferred home buyer and home seller`s inspection companies in Calgary, Cochrane, Airdrie, Okotoks and surrounding areas. Let us help you make your most important purchasing decision by performing a full inspection on your home.
We Will Check:
- The lot grading. The lot should be properly graded to allow water to not migrate down the foundation and possibly under the basement floor slab which may cause heaves in the floor.
- The Siding, Soffits, Fascia and what we can see of the exterior Foundation.
- The Roof. We check the Roofing material, Flashing, Gutter and Down Spouts.
- Heating system, Water Heater, Electrical, Plumbing and what we can see of the interior foundation.
- For moisture intrusion.
- Ceiling stains which may be a sign of leaks in the bathroom above or from a leaky Roofing system.
- For proper opening of windows and doors.
- An Infra Red (Thermal imaging) inspection is also performed on the walls, ceilings and floors. If there is in floor heating and Infra Red camera is an excellent tool for detecting leaks in the in-floor piping.
Infra Red Scanning:
I provide a Thermal Imaging scan of every home I inspect. This service is free of charge to my client.